Well I guess I am just going to only blog once a month! I just can't get interested in doing it anymore, even though I miss keeping a better timeline of our life. Anyway, lately I have been trying to train my anxious mind to think of other things besides foster care. Worrying about our little baby's case, I can just worry myself to death, and that is no good for anyone! So, I have always wanted to sew. I have made things in the past, but always got so angry at my sewing machine, it was a lot more of a stress inducer, than a stress reducer, so I would just give up. A good friend recently got a machine, and listening to her talk about her sewing reminded me of how much I wish I could sew. I had told myself all these years that it was me, and not my machine b/c I got a new one a few years ago, and it didn't produce any better results than my old one. I finally decided to try one more time to get a new machine...and oh wow, it sews like a dream! I love sewing now, I am so excited when I get finished with a project, and my head is just swirling with all the things I want to make. I also LOVE pinterest for all its ideas and free tutorials.
We also found a blog that shows how to make doll furniture, and the girls have been making barbie furniture out of recycled boxes and duct tape. So fun!
My first project with my new machine was this quilt for baby P. She is in the girl's room, and I wanted something girly that would match their bedspread. Would love to show you how it all matches, but their room is a wreck!
For a year or more, I have been in search for some new couch pillows that are colorful that have aqua, brown, green and red. Well I finally decided I would just make my own. I just picked out a lot of fabric I like and made a cover for an old pillow. (I do still need new pillows to go in these, these are so flat! )
I also have a quilt in progress that I want to drape over our large couch.
This bib is so fun and easy to make!
A diaper bag for Baby P....
Pillows and a bedspread for their duct tape bed...
These bags are for the girls, they are from kits I bought on clearance last year and never made b/c I thought they would be too hard, but they were easy, and that is what taught me how to make my other bags.
I got a swimsuit from Dollar Tree and modified it to fit their dolls
Then I made my first doll outfits for the girls' new American Girl dolls....I think this may be my favorite thing to do so far!
Here is my purse...I love my purse b/c has my favorite colors!
This was the beginnings of N's lego bag...which I did finish, it was very easy to make...and works great!
1 comment:
Love all this!!! I haven't tackled doll clothes, but your pictures are making want to. Also, we need to chat about the lego thingy, I'm thinking E could really use one for easy clean up
Post a Comment