I have got to get on the ball with getting my Christmas cards made and mailed out this year. We have so much to celebrate, and b/c we moved to our new home in May, nobody knows our new address! I had really wanted to send out Thanksgving cards this year, but I didn't get my act together.
I have mailed out Christmas cards every year since we got married, until last year. I also made a photo calendar every year for our family since N was born, until last year. This year, I am determined to do both. Shutterfly has some great options for a calendar.
The year before, I was so excited to send out Christmas cards b/c we had 6 children! I only wrote a quick note on the back of our card that we were foster parents now, I probably should have sent a newsletter type card, b/c I wonder what some people thought....since we had grown from 3 children to 6 children since the previous year!
I loved our beautiful family, and felt so blessed to have them in our home....and I am saying a special prayer for A and H this Christmas. They just moved to a new adoptive home a few weeks ago, and I hope they are doing well.
Last year I wanted to send out cards so badly, but little C got very ill and spent 2 1/2 weeks in the hospital in December. Christmas cards were not at the top of my list, I tell ya, even though I surely wanted to show off my sweet family. Before he got sick, I tried to get a group photo of the 5, and you see below, it was quite the adventure. :)
These photos were taken on Christmas morning, and I had a whole series of them that were very funny....Z had climbed back in the bathtub fully clothes while I was grabbing the camera for this photo...Little C had been so patient until the end....these photos make me smile. Little C was able to come home from the hospital just 3 days before Christmas, we were so relieved, and blessed.
So, this year, I have to send out a card. I am so excited about the options that Shutterfly has!! They have so many cards to choose from. I have looked so many times, and it is hard to decide, but I have found a few styles that I like. I love this one, with the monogram, and the option to include a lot of photos. I can picture a collage such as my blog header photos, with one of us parents included in there too. I REALLY wanted a family picture this year, but it doesn't look like it is happening, so the collage may be the way to go for me. With so many options of holiday cards I may choose one that isn't as Christmasy, b/c I am wanting this card to be a "we've moved" "celebrating/announcing our adoption" and "Happy Holidays" all rolled into one. For that reason, I am looking at an option that allows us to write more on our cards. This one is really neat too. I can think of many reasons why we loved 2010, and if I go with that option, I will either need to get that tripod out, or use the photo below...which is so "us". Do you noice the mixture of shorts, flip flops, bare feet, and long sleeves? That is Arkansas weather for ya!! Go check out the great options! They are currently doing a promotion where they are offering 50 free photo cards for writing a blog post like I have done. What a blessing!! 
No comments:
Post a Comment