Of course, The Carpenter's song is going through my head right now. I used to not mind Mondays, but these days, Mondays are tough usually. And we have therapy too, so having to get everyone to the point to leave and be there on time, is a chore I don't want to do on a Monday. I would say a Monday, is more like a Friday, the end of my tired week, but the chaos of a Monday, rolled into one if that makes sense.
Today not long after we woke up, it began raining, and raining....a pretty steady rain, the kind that makes you want to just be very very lazy. Of course, that can't happen around here. haha! We started off our normal routine of breakfast, schoolwork, and sensory activities for the little ones. When it was time for a break, the big kids stumbled upon a cd and started playing it. Then they gathered up pillows and blankets and made a circle in the floor.
They ran around the room in circles stepping on pillows for a long while, Z kept telling me to "come on" and I did, until I was too dizzy to move :)
Then they started playing "Just Dance"
Littlest just likes to look out the window, and get into blinds ;)
There was some pretty intense dancing...
Z loved it! He was right in the middle of the action the whole time, having a blast
Z is a fast, intense mover, as you can see in this photo, haha, but this activity was just what they all needed.
Earlier, I wasn't too excited about making it through my morning....but this activity was just perfect for them, they wore themselves OUT! So much so, that Z watched over 30 minutes of t.v., and laid calmly in the floor with the others, something his little body never allows him to do. I couldn't believe they finally wore him out ;) I sat in my recliner, in the dark looking out the window, thinking about how peaceful things were, and thanking God for turning my day and attitude around, and reminding me why I love have my children home with me everyday.
a rainy day can also turn boredom into creativity
and bring about much needed quiet to work on schoolwork
1 comment:
Cute cute pictures!! For some reason, a lot of them (maybe just videos?) were blanked out-- white squares only. :(
We love "Just Dance"! It's such a fun way to get energy out. Our living room is pretty small, though, so we have to really cram in to dance at the same time. ;)
That last picture is so sweet... it almost looks like he's wiggling a loose tooth. heehee
Post a Comment