So in all our busy, but not doing much in particular summer, we are doing schoolwork. This girl of mine, cracks me up everyday! She really is into style, and spends so much time picking out clothes and fixing her hair. She also has a silly side to her style, and she sure does make me smile! She LOVES these gloves and wears them everyday. I looked up during reading time the other day, and this is what I discovered. ;)
This girl loves all things domestic. She loves to cook, sew, crochet, do crafts, and take care of babies. She used to be my child that never wanted to do anything I asked. She could be pretty lazy most times, and during cleaning time would wander around and pretend to be picking up. She does still tend to do that, but lately, she has become so helpful. I recently read The Dugger's book, and one thing they talked about was teaching their children to do things with a cheerful heart. I talked to her that day, and was telling her how much easier things are when you do have a good attitude (I SO need to take my own advice) and I taught her to say "I would be glad to" when you ask her to do something. Well she has picked that up well, and gotten lots of praise from mom and dad that just think that is music to our ears! This has been going on for several months now, and I have seen a noticeable change in her. She is always quick to do what I ask, and I have been so proud! She is my more serious child, she really acts like my oldest child...reminds me a lot of my sister when she was growing up. L is the girl that is more like a "friend" when we go to town, like I am shopping with a buddy.
On this day, we were making angel food cake. She has gotten so well with her cooking, that with a recipe, she can just about do it all by herself. She made cookies for our homeschool friends the other day, and it was such help...I had nothing prepared to take, and she just took care of that for me, and enjoyed cooking so much. Anyway, this was a lesson in seperating eggs....something that I still mess up at. She loves doing it....in fact all my kids do, and R has gotten good at it too. They fight over who is going to crack and seperate the eggs everytime I cook!
We have loved having a good garden this year. It makes us wish for lots more land, and a huge garden with rows and rows of veggies.
My hubby has perfected his homemade bread. Oh yum! I sure do love him! He is so much better in the kitchen than I am, and I am so glad!
Back to my girl's fashion style....one night she got up out of being in bed for a drink of water, and she just looked so cute! I just love her Christmas knee highs with her furry boots. This hat, my grandmother made me when I was a girl....and I loved it b/c it would pretend I was Mary Ingalls on the Prarie ;) She found the hat at my mom's and she wears it often. Yes, she really sleeps this way, even with the boots on! (these are houseshoe boots)
Now with her glasses, she reminds me of Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother! haha
I looked up one morning, and all 3 of my boys were lying still together watching t.v. So sweet, and a very rare moment!
This is L's new apron. We won it in a blog give-away. I just love it...I wish it was a little bigger so I could turn it into a dress for her, it is just beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment