Three years ago, while my hubby and I were planning an early anniversary trip to New Orleans, another mother was giving birth to a beautiful baby boy. That is what is great about blogging, I looked back on Z's day of birth to see what I was doing that day. We were taking our first trip alone since having children, b/c we knew that our life was about to get pretty busy soon ;)
I've loved him from the moment I took him in my arms, I knew he was my son. This will be his 3rd birthday we have celebrated together, but the first birthday we have celebrated since he 'officially' became my son forever.
Z has so much personality. When he hugs, it is full force, with the biggest grin...as you can see here. And, I love that everytime he sees a camera, he will say, "Nona, here, chee!"...and put his arm around his neck and squeeze ;)
He is so beautiful. I look at all my children and think about how beautiful they are, all the time. There is just something different about looking at him, who was not born of me, and thinking just how beautiful he is, and how proud I am to be his mom. When people compliment him, I just say "Thank you!" and agree with them with great pride.
His older siblings have been as excited about his birthday as they have been of their own...asking me everyday if we could celebrate early, give him just one present, PLEASE! They are so silly. They couldn't wait to help him open his presents....even though he doesn't need help anymore ;)
Do you see them clapping for him? Sure he can drive them crazy, like any younger sibling can....but they really just love him so much, and get as excited with every new thing he does, as I do.
One of the beautiful things I have learned about being his mother is to appreciate every new things he learns to do. Something I used to take for granted, but not anymore. When I think of his beginning, life in utero, I KNOW that he and his brother are both true miracles.
He LOVES, loves Miss Kitty. She loves him too...she is very tolerant of him, and doesn't even run from him...I guess she feels his love pouring out in his love squeezes just like we do. (don't worry, I watch him like a hawk when he is holding her)
He is so full of energy, and so full of life. I hope it never changes. He makes us laugh daily, hourly.
I think with this much energy, and "go at it", he will accomplish great things. He will see and appreciate life in a different way, and continually teach me daily.
Happy 3 Birthday, sweet Zachariah. I can't wait to watch you grown and learn in this next year!
1 comment:
HAPPY, HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY, TO OUR "LITTLE MAN" Z-POOH!!! :D Loved this post!
Post a Comment