Saturday, October 22, 2011

On the Night You Were Born...

 Wednesday we celebrated our baby's 2nd Birthday!!  Oh how I love you Little C! 

I got this book for him for his birthday, and it makes me cry.  I love this little boy so much...and I always want him to know that the night he was born was such a special night.

This book is special describing the birth of all my children, but it just seems to hit home for him.  He is such a special gift, and I am so thankful we were able to be his family from the time he was just a day old. 

I pulled out some photos of his first days to repost since my blog was private back then.  Sorry for the low res pictures, I just got these off my blog archives.
On the night he was born, I imagine I fell asleep praying for Z.  We had his big termination hearing coming up, and I was SO worried that he may leave us.  I was so filled with worry for my boy.  I had no idea the great, beautiful things that God had in store for our family.  You see, when we got to court for Z, we learned that baby C had arrived into this world, and was leaving the hospital right at that time.  The moment we heard about him, we said, "we will take him, he is Z's brother".  I loved him immediately.  It was as if he was my baby from the beginning...Z was my son, his brother C, was my son.  I was SO excited to get to go home and tell our children that we were about to welcome our baby boy to our home. 
I think about the circumstances of his birth often, and how he was alone for that first day and a half.  I think about if only they had told us about him...I would have been at the hospital the moment I knew, holding him.  I wish I could have been there with him...for he was already my son.  He was born from another mom, but he was born into our family,  meant to be ours forever. 

You are loved by so many people Little C...and so happy that you got to come home to your family 2 years ago.  


The night you were born, you were an answer to the prayers I'd have for you since I first knew Z had a sibling on the way.  I prayed that if the Lord wanted me to be your mother, I was ready for the gift, and that I trusted he would make that happen.  I prayed that you would be healthy and safe....and you were.




Happy Birthday sweet baby boy...you are a precious, precious gift.

3 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

How can the baby be 2? Oh he is just beautiful. This post tugs at my heart. You are such a blessing!

Penelope said...

How beautiful!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

So Precious!