Friday, May 27, 2011

Dan the turtle, our growing garden, and fosters

Wow, I have really fallen off the blogging wagon.  I have so much to post about, but not much motivation to do it.  It has been so busy around here...but good busy. 

Meet Dan the turtle.  He was only in this cage a few minutes, and then we decided to move him to the kids pool...



I just know this girl is going to be a veterinarian, or an animal rescue person, or work at the zoo.....oh how she loves any animal!  She even cries over dead mice and crabs.  Oh, her sweet heart!

He loves earthworms, and we have an ample supply of them in our compost
I think Little C is going to be right on the animal path with big sister....he isn't scared of any animal....loves them all.  As we were watching Dan eat that earthworm, suddenly another one plopped down by it...picked up and fed by my baby....yes I was a bit freaked out that my baby was carrying a worm!
I believe he may be asking me, what in the world has he gotten into in this place!  haha  We released him today, he was only our pet for about a week....we didn't want him to be too miserable.
Our garden is growing beautifully!   I am so proud of my guys....they are doing a great job with it!

Saturday the big kids and I volunteer at The Disney Extravaganza, which is like and adoption picnic.  Oh it was an emotional day for me!!  Not expecting at all, I saw 3 of our former foster children there with their new families...which I hadn't met yet.  I met baby T's mom....and she is the most beautiful person...I believe hand chosen by God to be T's mother.  He even looks like her!  Oh, when I met her I gave her the biggest hug, and told her I loved her b/c she is his mother!!  It was such a great thing.  Such an answer to prayer!!  I was surprised to learn the path of the other 2 had gone differently than I had thought.  They are doing well now, but it was still emotional to learn about. 
I was so distracted while we were there, I didn't take any photos....so the kids wanted me to get a picture of their facepaint and hair spray before they got in the sprinkler on that hot humid day.

No comments: