Friday, June 3, 2011

Our new kitten!

We may have to move to a farm soon with all the critters we are getting ;)  I never thought I would have an inside animal, and now I have 2!  R has been wanting a kitten so bad...and I have always wanted a cat...so crazy me, saw a "free kitten" sign the other day, so we stopped to look...and of course we wanted one!  Daddy agreed, and there ya go...we have a kitten.  There is still a debate about the name.  At first, we didn't know of the gender, so I came up with Charlie...could be a boy or girl.  Then, after a great Google search, we determined it is probably a girl.  I still like Charlie, but I think everyone in the house is calling her something different.  There is "Miss Kitty"  "Kitty, kitty, num nums #2", she has also been called Max and Elmo by Z, and tonight, R's friend has been calling her Sophia.  haha  So, who knows what her official name will be. 

 She was So scared the first day...I really questioned our decision to get a kitten....especially after many clawings....but I trimmed those, which made world of difference....and on day 4, she is already part of the family, and loves us all.  She is even warming up to Max the dog.


 Oh this little by cracks me up!!
 Oh, Max...he is a little jealous I think...but he has adjusted pretty well...they just hiss at each other a little bit now...
 She is so pretty....and I love her gray against this hot pink!



 She has one little patch of white under her neck, and it is so cute!

The little boys were in the bed, the big kids outside playing, and I looked around at these 2 tonight and thought....oh that is the life!!  Can I say I am a bit jealous of a dog and cat??  haha

2 comments:

Aunt Susie said...

I never knew you wanted a cat. Do you remember my cats--Ouija and Black Cat? They lived until about 13-14 years old, so be prepared for the long haul. Mother told me I couldn't have any more cats because she always had to keep them when I went out of town. How's the litter box training going? Whose duty is that? By the way,whoever does it should probably wear a mask or whatever it takes to avoid toxoplasmosis. Check it out at . I just love kittens!

Lindsay-ann said...

Your new kitten is so pretty. She looks so sweet. I can see that she is already part of your family.
Lindsay
x