Friday, October 1, 2010

Our home-made Pumpkins

 I found a really cute tutorial to make fabric pumpkins with toilet paper rolls inside.  It was Super easy, and the kids LOVED making these, and were so proud of the end result.   You just get a full toilet paper roll, wrap paper around it to give it a little more shape, and push the paper into the center.  Then you just get fabric and wrap it around, and tuck it into the hole.  I hardly had to cut my fabric, and there was no sewing
or gluing.  The instructions call for sticks from your yard for the stem, but we have zero trees, and it was late at night when we made these, so we just rolled up brown construction paper.
 


Noah wanted to make his more "boyish" so he did tape on his Jack-O-Lantern face. 
                                
 I excitedly told them how we could simply removed the fabric and ribbon, and it could still be used for something else later, and we could use our toilet paper later.  They were highly offended that I would think about taking apart their creations :)


I need to move things around, and get more fall decorations, but we just put them up there quickly, to keep them out of "little ones'" hands. 


1 comment:

Razorback_Mommy said...

So cute! We may have to make some of those. I need a centerpiece for my table and those would be perfect. Of course, I'll probably have to go and get some orange or fall fabrics! And, in the last pic, what exactly is hanging in the center of the mantle? It's very pretty!