I have been reading, praying, and deep thinking about simplifying my life, being more focused on happiness, and less stress....we all need calm around here. I feel like a huge factor in all of this is 'stuff' and also all the running around I have to do. I really, really want to get my home more simple so that it can be picked up easily and efficiently by everyone. I want to spend more time directing and training the older kids on how to do specific chores well. I feel like they are old enough to have the ability, and if they know how to do it right it will be an easier task for them, it will go quicker b/c there won't be meltdowns, and it will help out the whole family.
I have been reading a couple of books, preparing myself how I want to do this. I WANT to do this, I think our family, and my sanity will be better for it.
Today, when I got up, I posted on facebook, "
N was a lot more restless. I can't tell you how many things he named that he 'could be doing' if the electricity was on. He finally relaxed though, and played with little brother...which in turned helped me relax, b/c he'd been pretty stressed there was no ELMO this morning. Plus he was just anxious and wired in general b/c he didn't sleep well last night.
Littlest brother took a good nap, which was also nice...I was wishing for one too in all the quiet :)
Moments like this make me smile...where they are propped up together playing. N just LOVES his little brother!
I was thankful that I'd just been to the store, b/c there are days that we wouldn't have anything to eat that didn't need to be cooked! The kids thought it was so yummy...and wanted it more often. haha I worked so hard on it you know!
The 4 hours were a little unnerving for me just b/c I kept wanting to flip a switch, and I, like N, kept thinking of all the things I could have been doing with electricity. I finally settled and cleaned the kitchen in the dark, played with the babies, and sat down and ready my book about living Simply. And...when the electricity came back on...we scattered....N plugged in the ipod, I got on the computer, and the girls were glued to the tv. See...that is exactly what I don't like...and I am ready to change.
1 comment:
I bet when you were thinking "living simple" you weren't thinking little house on the prarie with no electricity! I am glad it came back on for you. It does make us realize how much we rely on it!
Post a Comment