Monday, September 13, 2010

School's in session!

We are back in swing with school as eclectic as ever. I made a plan, I was the most prepared I have ever been this year, I made notes, purchased a teacher's planbook and was ready to go.  Then I remembered, that just isn't us!  My kids learn that way, and they also learn going on field trips, pouring through a ton of library books, by my side doing everyday things, and just by me talking to them, explaining everything that goes on. 

I love how we can just learn anywhere at home.  After 4 years of always thinking I had to have a homeschool room, constantly rearranging, reorganizing, we don't have a homeschool room, or no possibilty for one here, and it doesn't even bother me.  I realize that before I was so bogged down worrying about "where" we school, it got in the way of just enjoying teaching them.  So now, we just sprawl out wherever we feel like it!
                   

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

It's amazing how we get caught up with the "where" and lose sight of the "what".