Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A clean fridge is my feeling of accomplishment

Are any of you familiar with the Fly Lady?  When my older children were little, I read that book, and was really inspired.   Apparently having the chaos of toddlers living in my home, inspires me to want to declutter my house.  Yes, they bring on a lot of chaos, getting into everything, and all your energy is spent chasing them, so the clutter is very irritating.   I read her book, and I purged and purged.  It felt so good.  I felt like there was one thing that I was really in control of, (instead of the people that I felt were controlling me, haha).   I was reminded of the Fly Lady by several facebook friends as I have been talking about cleaning out my house these days.

She talks about how your first step should be to clean, really shine your kitchen sink.  Looking at that clean sink is your motivation to continue.  I remember I tried shining my sink back in the day, and it just really didn't do much for me.   Then yesterday, b/c we have Thanksgiving at our house, I cleaned out my microwave, and my refrigerator.  I wiped all the shelves in my fridge, and you could see clearly through the glass again, and it makes me feel good.  There is chaos all around me, (and we aren't even going to talk about the state of my garage, that has been the dumping ground for all my clearing out!) but everytime I opened that fridge yesterday, I felt great.  A little sad that I couldn't find anything yummy to eat in there, but my fridge still looks nice!  It only took about 10 mins to clean it....no big deal, but it is something I never want to take the time to do.  As I was looking at it yesterday, I realized, my fridge, is my kitchen sink :)

And as you can see, I had better get to the store, b/c we just finished off that milk and juice!

1 comment:

skeeterbug said...

Glad you got it cleaned out b/4 we all got there; you know how Memom and I like to fill up a refrigerator! :D