Monday, November 8, 2010

My new plan

Because I want my room to look clean like this, so it will be my sanctuary.... (b/c right now it is the catch-all, that I never get around to cleaning)


and I am tired of looking at the pile of clothes, shoes, and junk shoved at the foot of our bed...
 It makes me feel peaceful to see my desk surface...
 When my bathroom is clean, I can fully relax, and for just a few minutes, pretend I am on vacation :) (and I want to find the time to paint my bathroom....any suggestions??)
 I know the reality is that my living room looks like this throughout most days, but I want it to be neat to end and begin my days...
 I am sick of going to bed to/waking up to a kitchen that looks like this b/c I am too exhausted from my day to clean it after supper (that, and the fact that it has already been cleaned at least twice earlier in the day)
 Because I hope to someday find the time to make something with my fabric I love

 But most importantly,  because these beautiful children deserve to have a mom that has as much time as possible for them, with a smile on her face :)

I am devoting myself to clearing out lots of STUFF, evaluating the tasks that are so daunting and time consuming, and trying to come up with a plan to make my life easier...b/c my new motto is "Less is More", and I am determined to make that a reality!!  I am sick of drowning in "stuff" b/c those precious children, that won't be little for long, and my sweet husband are all that matters...not the stuff.    The good news, I will be starting my day off tomorrow with a clean kitchen :)  I've gotta start somewhere!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Amen, Sister.
I'm on the same road. And I SO appreciate that you're publicly sharing your story and your motto. It's inspirational!!
I want LESS. I want to see my floors. I want the laundry pile to be surmountable. I want the TIME with my family...the time that is currently spent taking care of the STUFF, organizing the stuff, folding and putting the stuff away.
Keep up the good work, and hold me accountable to the same task! :)

Tracie Jones said...

Golden Yellow colors are supposed to stimulate the brain for thinking and creativity. Research what colors do on the brain to help you find something relaxing for your special place.

Razorback_Mommy said...

I'm not even brave enough to take those pics, much less post them! Kudos to you. I'm just so relieved that I'm not the only one with piles in my bedroom, dishes ALWAYS in the sink AND on the counter, and with toys all over my living room that I want to hug you! I have gotten off to a strong start and I'm hoping that when Matthew comes back from AR in 12 days that I will have made some progress on the house!