Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's been going on, and lots of friends!

Here are some more random things that have been going on with us lately.  C is getting so good with his eating, and his 2 favorite things to chow down on are spaghetti and pancakes.  I looked over tonight, and he looked like this...and I got my camera, and he just grinned!  He's so funny.


 We had some new friends over the other day, and it was a lot of fun!
 Z loves this guitar.  He will get it out, and just yell at the top of his lungs.  He really is drawn to this.  Today on tv we were watching Drake and Josh, and he climbed in my lap, watching intently, (this NEVER happens) and I decided it was b/c they were playing the guitar on there b/c not long, he was using something to pretend it was a guitar.
 The kids have been wanting to have a sleepover with our neighbor children, and we finally planned it.  The sister came over here, and N went and stayed with the brother.  The girls had a big time putting on makeup, fixing hair, and painting nails.
 I have already put up our X-mas decorations....and half have already come down.  I expected as much...I put up all the stockings to look at them, I love to see a mantel full of stockings, and the kids insisted including one for our dog, and one for our hampster.  I had to take them down, b/c our 2 yr old can reach just enough to yank.

 I have ben selling some stuff on e-bay of the girl's toys, and I let them spend the money, but it couldn't be on toys.  R purchased these furry houseshoes, this robe, and these gloves.  She has worn them almost non-stop since getting them...she is so funny. 

 N lost his first molar tooth.   He was excited, it has been awhile since he has lost any.  Both sisters also have loose teeth, so they are gonna keep this tooth fairy busy.
 And here is our tree. It was up a few days.  Z yanked on it, and we caught it before it came down, but it bent the stand and then it broke from the leaning weight...we fixed that, but now I have just moved it to the garage until I feel like dealing with it.  I may just take it down, but I will have to put all the ornaments back on if we keep it up....I just don't want to think about it now.  I didn't even want to put it up yet, but the kids begged, and I caved.
  A couple of weeks ago, the girls got invited to their first slumber party!  They were so excited!  It was a friend of R's from school last year.  Both girls get along great with her friend and her sister, and then another girl from R's class was there too.  N was sad b/c he was lonely, so I invited the girls brother to come stay with us!  He just so happens to have the same name as N, and they both just think that is cool.  They had a great time building legos and playing Mario.  Little N was so cute, and did great.  He has the sweetest smile, and giggled everytime I called one of them by name ;)

 I love this picture that the other mom got of the girls.  They had a BLAST!   I was so glad to see pics of them all having fun.  You can see more of them here...

and of course I have to include one of this one acting silly at bathtime!
 I have finally found something that works during school-time...at least for now.  I have a table set up in a room right beside the kitchen for the big kids, so then I can work 1:1 with the babies, while the big kids have my watchful eye to do their work.  It gives me a good hour of calm time for them all where I can work with both boys on their speech and OT.  I am sure this will change in a week or so, but always glad, even if it is for a day to find something that works good!
 We created him a sensory bucket with rice, beans and treasures.   He loves it, but he makes a big mess, so this has become an outside activity.

 I took all 5 kids to the park by myself the other day, and didn't even have the little ones in a double stroller.  The big kids were a great help with the little ones, and were so excited to see them having fun, and being big enough to play.  I am so thankful for all my children, and that my big kids love their brothers, and always want to help them.




 
 


No comments: