Monday, November 1, 2010

Haloween 2010


This year, we started our Halloween off by going to the Fall Festival at the Elementary school in our town.  There were a lot of fun games, they saw a lot of their friends, and they didn't get much candy, (which was good...except they didn't even get enough to share with me.  haha)

 Then this weekend, we went down to our families' church to their Fall Festival, our Halloween tradition.  I think this was our 4th year to go.  We were worried about going, as Z had been sick with a stomach bug the day before, but he recovered quickly, so we were ready to party!
 L and I had talked about wild hair and dark make-up for these pirates....I was imagining Jack Sparrow's eyes, so I was so glad my sister was around to help us out.  She is really good at make-up, and has so much of it....I couldn't have pulled it off.

 The girls had SO MUCH FUN having their Aunt K do their make-up for them.  I had several ideas to make their costumes, and looked around at thrift stores, but then I found these dresses at Target, and decided they were just as cheap as anything else I would come up with so we got them, and now we can wear them later.  My girls raided all the jewelry at granma's house.   We'd originally had eye patches, earrings, and bandanas for their head, but nobody wanted to wear them, so it made them not look as much like pirates, but they were happy.
 It was such a blessing that one evening, I posted on fb that I wanted a parrot costume for C to go with a pirate theme for our big kids.  Wouldn't you know, a generous friend that has twins happened to have the exact costumes, and she let me borrow them! 
 My little 1 step taker, and sit down....he just hasn't decided he wants to walk yet.
I just had these 3 with me getting ready, N and Z stayed at their grammy's to play, so I never got a photo of all 5 together :(
 N also ditched his accessories that made him look like a pirate, so he looked more like Indiana Jones, which he said later he preferred anyway....So much for trying to do a theme with all 5 huh?  Well, I tried :)
 Me and my sissy!

 Z had the best time!  It was so fun watching him enjoy himself, and he did great.
 Big brother helping him fish for popcorn
 Big sis hanging out with him....

 Little C did great that night too.  He hung out in the stroller a lot, and then was passed around from me and both grandma's, papa Ray, Aunt K, it is great having so much family to help!  He had a great time on the hayride in N's lap...he is normally such a wiggly worm, but was perfect in N's lap.

 I know the ones at the face painting table get tired, but my kids LOVE it!



 Oh, and my crazy dad.  From a distance, you really couldn't see his face b/c it blended in with the tree behind his head.   He had his truck decorated up in a camo/hunting theme for trunk or treat.

Another Halloween success!!!   We are so greatful, and thankful to everyone from that church for having such a generous party.  My kids love, love, love it!!

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Having a sister is great, too!

skeeterbug said...

So glad y'all got to come!! It was great fun!!!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Looks like fun. :)

By the way, I'd love for you to share your adoption as a guest post on my blog sometime! Email me if interested!