Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Nutcracker Ballet


Before the kids came back to homeschooling, I had already planned to let them skip a day for us to go to the Nutcracker Ballet together.  We have never done anything like this before, and I was so excited to get to take them!   My boy was less than excited, and I explained to him that being a male, he was going to just have to learn to do things he didn't want to do for the sake of making a woman happy, so he may as well start practicing now ;)  He changed his attitude, and besides making fun of the men wearing tights, he seemed to enjoy it as well!  haha  This was just a couple of weeks after we dropped out of public school, so I was excited that we already had our first field trip planned!


We started our day off by dropping the little boys off at school, and then grabbing a quick breakfast. 

I loved all their costumes!  I can't believe I am 34 years old and have never watched the Nutcracker in person or on tv....it was so cool!

We had to park a long ways away, and that wasn't too fun before hand b/c it was FREEZING...but once the sun was out when the ballet was over, we had a fun leisure stroll downtown back to our van.
We stopped in the Peabody....here the kids are trying to figure out what the slimy green gook was on the steps...haha


We also stopped into the Capitol Hotel lobby to look at their beautiful tree and train set that was on display.  I have never been inside this building, but the arctitecture was just beautiful!

1 comment:

Aunt Susie said...

I'm thrilled you got to go to the ballet. I love doing this sort of thing once in a while. If you ever need help with tickets for a cultural event, let me know. I'd love to help with that.