Monday, March 21, 2011

Its a Lego world around here....

N is so much like me.  I was listening to him go through his LEGO book last night, telling me everything there was to ever know about LEGO, and it reminded me so much of myself at that age.  My aunt gave me a Barbie book commemorating Barbie's 50th Anniversary, and I looked through, studied every page of that book.  I knew everything there was to know about every Barbie in that book.  That is all I ever wanted to spend any money on was another Barbie.  People would tell me I couldn't possibly need another Barbie, or I would outgrow them soon...but do you know, when I got married, every Barbie I ever owned was still displayed in my bedroom.  I was the cool College girl with over 100 barbies displayed in her room, and people would still get them for me as gifts. 

I believe he will be that same person, he will have to have a LEGO room in his home when he gets married.  It will be o.k. with his future wife though, b/c this boy of mine loves to cook, a great cleaner, will mop and scrub bathrooms, and he even wants to adopt a few kiddos.  She'll just have to give him  a lego room ;)  He dreams, and I encourage him to work for Lego someday.  Do you know where I used to dream of working?  Mattel...I wanted to be a Barbie designer.  I had several ideas cooked up...most of which I think they have since created.  I did tell him today he had to pick 1 room to set up lego shop in...not 5 haha

He is a really neat kid....I wish I was young, and a boy, and I know I would be friends with him ;)  He tells me very often that he wants a brother his age, or he can't wait until Z gets a little older, and sometimes says he wishes he were a twin, so he would have someone to play legos with.  He has a lot of friends in the neighborhood, that I am so glad for.  This house full of people, and he is lonely in his LEGO world.

 I LOVE this boy!!
He is very creative.  Here he has designed Mario and Zeldo characters.  He scours the internet looking at old LEGO instructions, can tell me what they built each year from the beginning I think.  He has even made a few directional videos telling how he builds his Legos. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristin said...

My son loves Legos, too. He'd rather build than anything! He amazes me. I'm good at building from the directions, but when it comes to using my imagination to design something, I'm clueless. He can put it all together and put me to shame. :-)