I meant to post these pictures Sunday night. I was so glad to get all the kids back home! While Z had his surgery, the 4 others stayed with their grandparents. They all had a great time, including little C. It was so quiet around here. Z was so quiet and calm with everyone gone, I told Daddy C it was like not having any kids at all, just having him at home. My parents were suppose to bring the kids home Sunday. Sunday morning though, Z and I were both so restless and bored, so we just loaded up and drove down there to get them. That boy did not say one word to me the whole way down there. We surprised everyone in the church parking lot, they were just about to leave. My dad and I switched vehicles, and he drove the one that Z in it, and 2 of the older kids got in, and they said he was so excited, he talked the whole way to go eat. When we go to the restaurant and he got out, he was squealing and wanting to hug everyone, ran up to little brother telling him hi...he was so excited to have his family back!!!
I was too. When we got home Sunday night, and it was loud and roudy as ever, I felt like all was right in my world again. The quiet is nice and relaxing, but it doesn't take long before my ears hurt from the quiet, if that makes any sense!
I cut bangs for her, and she looks so much older to me now! Wowzers.....stop growing up girl!
He called me everynight that they were gone. We talked for 40 minutes one night! He loves to talk on the phone....my girls don't care for it at all. He got pretty homesick this time around. He said he didn't want to go without Z again b/c he missed him too much!! So sweet...they all told me they were really worried about him having his surgery while they were gone.
This boy has the craziest hair, and I love it! But.....I decided it had gotten wild enough....
So I gave it a cut. Daddy C said that crazy hair was part of his personality, and I kinda agree, and do miss it, but I know it will grow back quick enough :)
This is a set that the older kids had when they were little. I just happened to remember it the other day, and remember that it was stored away since my mom used it for VBS one year, so they got it out for me and sent it home. The big kids were dying to play with it! haha I soon remembered why it didn't stay in our house very long when they were little.....watching Z and C destroy it over and over, making lots of crashing noise....I do think have become more noise tolerant in my old age.
I got new glasses. The last time I got new glasses, I got a pair just like my old ones, so boring, I know. I went to Success Vision Express this time, and got some b/c my other ones got stepped on and broken. The one time EVER that I have fallen asleep in the floor...then I got on the couch and forgot I'd had my glasses off under my arm. My daugther saw them in the floor, but just moved them a bit...and next thing ya know, Daddy C comes in with his shoes on, and crunch! They actually did last a couple of months after that, they were just super crooked, and drove me crazy. They finally broke though, and luckily my prescription hadn't expired. I took the girls with me to help pick out a pair b/c I was ready for a change. My hubby calls these my bling bling glasses b/c they have little rhinestones on them. I still haven't decided if I like them or not...they just stand out so much. I wanted to be trendy, but I am just not trendy in any way these days.
School is going strong with all 3 kiddos these days. I feel like we are drowning in schoolwork most days, but I can tell you, they are learning a lot, so that is good. My brain feels fried everynight. I don't know how teachers do it everyday!
2 comments:
Was it your birthday last year when you and Brandy and I went to eat in Pine Bluff? I say it's time to do it again! :) So much has changed since then.. what a difference a year makes! lol
Oh I loved this post.. I feel the same way. Even with the kids just gone to school - I am always ready to see them at the end of the day. I love our little reunions! :) I bet they were so worried over Z!
And, I love your glasses! I think those are perfect for you.. so why get a new look when what you have works so well?
Your kids are just so darn cute! What a beautiful family, and I love the new glasses! I'm counting down to OUR bday too, LOL...I've also been reminding my husband family all month that it's coming! LOL
Post a Comment