Sunday, March 20, 2011

Slow down big boy!!

I would not be surprised if I have titled other blog posts this same title...but he is just growing up so fast!  He was 17 months old yesterday.  He is almost a year and half already!  I will blink, and he will be 2.  He is changing so much!  At a doctor's appointment last week, he weighed 27 lbs, that would be 1 pound more than big brother!  We have an appointment at the end of the month to have his hearing tested, just to ensure that he doesn't have the same problem as big brother with fluid on his ears.  He has had fluid frequently, but he is also talking pretty well now, so hopefully, he will be o.k.  He also qualified to begin Occuptional Therapy, and had his first session last week.  Christian is doing really well over-all, but he is delayed a bit with speech, although catching up, and also has some sensory things going on.  He always has.  He was the fussiest baby I ever had, and yet one of the happiest too.  Since he's started walking, his fussiness has gotten a lot better, but he still struggles some.  I contribute it to the exposure he had in utero.  Honestly, I think he is doing just beautifully, knowing all that he went through, and was exposed to.  Both boys are.  His new therapist is going to work on a sensory diet with us for him as well, and I think that will help him out.  We have discovered so many things that work for him just from the knowledge we have for Z.   And now I feel like dejavu...I have probably already blogged about this already.  But, since this is an update on where he is right now, I just wanted to add it in.  

He mimics everything.  He said "get out" and tugged on his car seat the other day when it was time to get out.  He told someone to "shut the door" today...I swear he did...and I am sure, we say that 100 times a day it seems!   He is still our litte kissy monster, and when you pick him up, his little hand will pat your arm, it is so sweet!!  He has gotten tougher with his older siblings too.   He has started hitting big brother back, will fight for toys, and loves to take them away.   He bit Z the other day..and hard enough to leave teeth marks.  We've all worn Z's teeth marks, so I guess he had it coming, but boy was he upset that little brother bit him!  He just kept talking about it.   He seems to understand 'no' really well, and pokes that lip out when you get on to him, even that is cute! 

He LOVES dogs.  "Woofs" everytime he sees one, or hears one.

Grins SO big everytime I have my camera.  And loves to carry around Wii remotes and accessories.  What is it about those things that makes little ones have to have their hands on them?
 He still doesn't like to have his picture taken with his brother.  Gets mad everytime I put him in this chair for a picture together.   I think I have only succeeded in a good one twice.  I will say though, they are becoming good friends.  I love to listen to them talk to each other in the mornings when they are still in their room.  So cute! 
 Has started climbing....his little short legs have taken awhile, not that I am complaining one bit!  He learned to climb on this bench, and proceeded to do it over, and over, and over again....and changing channels until I had to finally redirect him to another room.  Do you see how proud he is of himself??
 He just GIGGLED everytime I came up to get him off the bench....he was so funny.

 Loves to watch big siblings playing in the front yard....someday you will get to run loose with them son.
 Thinks, just like big bro, it is more fun to stand IN the sandbox than beside it....
 LOVES Molly.....


 He was giving her a big bear hug in this one...
He decided climbing the steps was the funnest thing ever, over, and over, and over again
 Love his eyes in this one....even though he'd plowed his mouth in the sand right before...


No comments: