in clothes!!!! And they are everywhere! I hate the weather/clothes transition time of year. It is exciting to pull out last season clothes, but then when it is time to put them up..puke, I hate the work. I think it is worse now that the kids are older than before, b/c they strew it all over the house when they are trying it on...no matter how many pleas I have for them to keep it piled/in one room.
When we are trying on, she always gets excited about what her big sis passes down to her...and then big sis gets sad to part with her outgrown things. Then she looks at her pile and is saddened by the lack of clothes left. Then when it is shopping time, and I come home with new clothes for L, R suddenly decides she hates hand-me-downs, and the fair police come out...b/c sister got more new clothes than her. *sigh*
I hate tackling that project when my laundry is backed up...but if I waited to catch up, I guess it would never get done. I have actually been keeping up well, but I ran out of detergent, and was wanting to go back to making my own again....gotta find time to do that quick!
This is all clean, and folded, and sorted into piles. I put them all on my bed so that I would be forced to put them away before bed. I was making great progress this morning, but the boys were dragging everything out in my room....and then I got sidetracked with the summer clothes sorting...and now, at bedtime, my bed still looks that way. Yawn!!
This pile, if I don't get to it pronto tomorrow, it will be sucked into the abyse called their room...and it may be next summer before it is all recovered. But first, I have to make a path to their closet, clear out some drawers, round up some hangers.....lalalala Clothes.....they make me nuts!!! What happened to the daily dress, and the Sunday dress. Those were the good ol' days ;)
I will press on, and I hope to get it all sorted through tomorrow!
But look!! N got in a cleaning mood tonight....I sure do love his cleaning moods!!!! He used to do this all the time when he was younger, but he is usually thinking about Legos too much to do it these days. Every once in a while though, he wants to clean. You go boy!
He did get mixed up and put too much soap in....but we just laughed and went on.
He even mopped!!
Look at that pretty clean stove and counter ;)
3 comments:
Girl, I so feel your pain. I complain about this EVERY season. Atleast when we were living in AR the volume was less...yea, no joke, we have MORE now because of snow. SHEESH! I used to put out a big folding table in the back yard (our 6' long one) and that would be my work table. That way all bins and clothes got worked in outside. I only brought the ones in that needed to be washed and put away. I have to say, your pics are minor compared to the mess I've had in the past. Does that make you feel better? hehe. You should see the mess I'm dragging to the consignment shop...I so DON'T have time for that kind of sorting but I figure I have so much that I should be making something from the things we can't use anymore! Wish we were closer to be recipients of your girl hand-me-downs again. I just pulled out some 3T outfits from you long, long ago. Gabby girl will be in them this summer! :) I think those dresses were R's!
If it helps, my house looks just like that right now! I hate being in between seasons.. today I'm just going to pack away all winter stuff and let the kids keep out jackets. If it's cold they can just wear them with short sleeves. lol I hate putting things back into storage.. I still have a few bins left to dig through. :P We need a support group lol
Just with 2 little ones I feel your burden. A mom with 7 kids taught me about how each kid has their own laundry day - no matter how young. They help with their own laundry as they are able. Helps promote personal responsibility and not wearing 3 outfits in one day!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment