Wow, I am really behind on my blogging! When I look back at January and February, and see a post for everyday, I love it, and it makes me sad that I haven't blogged everyday, but there just aren't enough hours in the day! I want to do better, but we will see.
Anyway, we had a good Spring Break. I think this is the first time in the history of homeschooling that I took an official, cancel everything Spring Break. (not that we are super homeschoolers....far from it, we just take a lot of mini breaks, instead of 1 long one) We didn't do a lick of schoolwork, had no doc appts, and no therapy appointments...wow it was nice! It makes me more determined to get our schoolwork finished so we can take a good break during the summer...b/c I enjoy my family much more when I am not having to teach, but just do fun things with them.
I finished up Z's blanket....and he doesn't like it. Of course! He still wants to use his old one. I gave it to C, and he just wants his comforter...well, at least the colors are pretty!!Anyway, we had a good Spring Break. I think this is the first time in the history of homeschooling that I took an official, cancel everything Spring Break. (not that we are super homeschoolers....far from it, we just take a lot of mini breaks, instead of 1 long one) We didn't do a lick of schoolwork, had no doc appts, and no therapy appointments...wow it was nice! It makes me more determined to get our schoolwork finished so we can take a good break during the summer...b/c I enjoy my family much more when I am not having to teach, but just do fun things with them.
N was excited that one of his friends from public school came over to play one afternoon. He is cousins with one of our neighbors, and comes around sometimes, but he hasn't seen him since we left school, so he was very excited to see him.
We planned a day to go see our friends....(another adoptive/foster/bio mom of 5 kids) and we had a great time! I love how I can get together with my friends with large families, and it isn't even that crazy b/c everyone has playmates.
I had the opportunity to go speak before state legislature about passing a bill to post signs warning women of the dangers of drinking while pregnant. I took Z, so they could lay eyes on a child that has been affected by this in a big way, and I talked about our life with him. I was so nervous! We got a yes vote that day, but after it went to the House of Representatives, it didn't pass. I (along with others) sent out e-mails this week asking them to please re-run the bill, but I don't think they are going to :( It is amazing how passionate I suddenly became about a bill when it had something to do with my child...I have never cared about anything government or politics, so this was new for me. We aren't finished yet, there are still other things we will work on to try to get the bill passed. Right now there are 23 states that have a law requiring the signs to be posted.
We celebrated my birthday at Chili's. It was so fun to all go out together, we don't do that much with our crazy schedule and 2 little ones.
C didn't want to stay still for the picture...he kept trying to play peek-a-boo ;)
My mom and sister came up to NLR and the girls and I went out on a girl's night out. We had a blast! My mom treated us to Olive Garden to celebrate mine and my sister's b-day (our birthdays are 6 days apart) and then we went and watched the movie Tangled at the Dollar Theater. We had a BLAST! It was a great time to get to spend just doing girly things, and with my mom and sister...I don't know that we have ever all 5 gone and done that.
The girls acted so grown up on this outing....they loved it!!
We were so thankful for the beautiful weather, we spent so much time playing outside....which made everyone is a good mood...the babies do great getting to spend so much time outside...which makes momma happy too ;)
I also did a lot of cooking at the beginning of the week so that I didn't have to cook everyday, and we could make our groceries stretch the farthest. It was so nice to do all the cooking and mess on one day, so we didn't have that obligation everyday. I wish I had time/motivation to do that every week!
This recipe is SO yummy! It is called Blueberry Boy Bait that I got off of recipe.com SO yummy!!!
Our Spring break was great, one of the best weeks we have had in a long time!
No comments:
Post a Comment