I have been forming my blog post all day long, along with my to-do list once I got to the computer. L has been asking me everyday, several times a day to sew since she got her new fabric, so I let her do that this evening, and now that the iron, ironing board, and sewing machine are all out at once, instead of spending much time blogging, I am going to get off here and try to get me an hour of sewing in before bed. I have been really wanting to get the curtains for the boy's room made. So, I am off to sew! Here is a photo of L, posing with the baby blanket she made for R's doll. She only gets a chance to sew about once a week, (trying to be better about that, but there just isn't time these days) and last week she made her brother a pillow, and this week she made a blanket for her sister. This is out of her 10 cent fabric she purchase, she just used 1/2 yard, so this blanket for sister's doll only cost her 5 cents. Can't beat that! She made it to be a swaddling blanket. After she hemmed it and wrapped the baby, we sewed on a snap so that it would stay together.
3 comments:
Sweet Pea would have the best time with the girls. She always wants to sew. I just need to sit down and do this with her. So sweet.
I'm just thrilled that you are teaching the girls to sew. I think that is so great for them. Can they manage scissors that cut the fabric? If so, I could find them some easy quilt projects. Start with a Four patch or a 9 patch. Mother and I have lots of fabric that could be cut up to make patches for quilts. We could even cut them some patches if they can't manage scissors. Keep up the wonderful mommying.
Love,
Susan
Here's a website on making 9-patch doll and baby quilts.
http://www.womenfolk.com/baby_quilts/ninepatchchild.htm
Just start with some big squares 2-3 inches and put enough together to make a doll quilt or pillow top (or wall hanging). They would make great Christmas presents. They could be tacked instead of quilted. It may be too hard, but I could simplify it. Love you,
Susan
Post a Comment