Wednesday, February 2, 2011

our day, shopping, and R's glasses

We had a full morning of school today.  I tried my best to incorporate the other 2 in with as much as I could.  Today for art they had to draw self portraits. 


Then it was time to take the boys to go to their weekly therapy.  (I got it cut down to only 1 day a week, and just having Mondays free of that now has done wonders for my sanity).  Z's speech therapist has said the last 2 weeks he is just doing great.  It has been a little over a month since his ear surgery, and we can tell a significant improvement in his speech.  Yay!

While we were gone, we stopped by the eye doctor to pick up R's glasses.  She picked out purple, and I love them!

Then, we decided to go on a family shopping trip....as in all 7 of us.  So, we left the house at 12:30, and didn't get home until after 8:00!  It was a true miracle that we made it without any baby  meltdowns b/c Z hadn't had a nap all day, and C finished off his only sippy cup during therapy...but they did great!  We split up in most of the stores, Daddy and I having seperate buggies and children split up, so I am sure that is why it went so well. 

L found this fabric for 85 cents a yard!  She even found some cute snowflake fabric for just 10 cents a yard.  She was so cute picking it out, then telling the lady what she wanted.  It was her first time to do it all by herself.

 This is the history curriculum for N.  It arrived today while we were gone.  Also, I got a call today that R has been accepted into the online school too!  I am even more overwhelmed for this to all be happening at once, but excited for her.
The purpose of our shopping trip today was doing a little "Fun Money spending" with tax money.  We discussed that we could all spend a little to get something we have really been wanting.  I know we just had Christmas, but everybody had something in mind that they had really wanted.   I was excited to get new warm winter coats for all the big kids.  They were marked WAY down at Wally World, and I was about to get 3 very warm jackets that will still fit next year for just $23 total.  And, I found some great gloves for myself!  I have not owned gloves since I lost a mate on a trip to New York 11 years ago.  It was definately time to get some gloves! (I always just rummage and bum gloves from the kids, how sad is that?)

L wanted some p.j.'s with a button front top.  She got a gown, and pjs with a long sleeve t-shirt top for X-mas, but she is SO picky, and wanted a button front top, so that is what she chose.

R has been dying for some footed pajamas!  They crack me up in the bigger sizes, so I wouldn't buy them for her, but she has been begging for them.  Then, when it snowed, we discovered that they worked perfect for the babies to stay warm under their clothes, so that was a double reason she wanted some.  She had a little left to get a Valentine outfit for her baby.  The preemie outfits fit perfect on their dolls.

I can't tell you how many days I have been getting ready to go somewhere and have said, "I am buying some clothes when we get out tax money!"  But how in the world can I shop for that with 5 kids in tow...plus, I want clothes, but when I look for them, I never find anything I like.  SO, what did I get??  These nice warm soft Valentine pants :)  They match perfect with my warm fuzzy socks my sister got me, don'tcha think?   Daddy C walked in with all us girls sporting our new warm p.j.'s, and he said, "boy, we live a life of luxury, don't we?  All you girls always shop for pajamas!'  haha  If you ever show up at our house unexpected, I promise you will see us all in our p.j.'s. 



No comments: