Sunday, February 20, 2011

our oatmeal glasses

Do any of your parents or grandparents have a collection of these cups in their house?  Both of mine did growing up (still do) and these were the main glasses we would drink out of.  There were yellow, blue and pink.  The other day, at our local grocery store, I saw a can of Crystal Oats, that looked just like what my grandmother used to have, and it came with a free cup!!  I purchased it, b/c we needed oatmeal anyway.  I thought it was the best oatmeal I have ever had!  Since then, that has been our brand of choice.  We have only gotten the blue cup once, it has been yellow every other time.  I got so tickled today..I wish I'd had my camera.  As soon as I got back from the store, my hubby opened the can to see what color...and the kids all anxiously waited around the table to see what color might be in there....it was hilarious to see how excited we all were!!  The girls have been wanting pink so badly!  haha  For now, we have 5 yellows, and 1 blue.  We have almost collected enough for the whole family.  The girls were coming up with a plot to do a trade with granma b/c they know that she has 2 pinks ;)

1 comment:

skeeterbug said...

Hey, it's neat that you have found the Crystal Wedding oats! Memom was wanting me to get her some for a gift occasion last year, but, of course, WM didn't have them. Now you have a gift idea for her. :D

That's funny about the girls wanting my pink ones...too bad I've put them in my new bathroom for mouth-rinse cups (I'm so selfish); I bet Memom has some extras though...I'll look next time we go.