Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lasagna for supper, my new chef!

N has always liked to help me in the kitchen, but now that he is getting older, he has really been wanting to be more independent with his cooking.  He is very careful, and is doing great.  I just stand by and tell him what to do, and he does it. Saturday, he even cooked us lunch, of mashed potatoes, green beans, and bisquits, and did most of it on his own, with just a little help/supervision.   Tonight, he made lasagna for us, and it was yummy!  In fact, the whole family said it was better than when I make it.  Good job N!  I hope someday, your wife will be very glad that I taught you how to cook ;)  I am grateful to his daddy for being a good example for him, b/c I am lucky that my husband cooks about half the meals around here.  It is such a big help to me.  If the kids keep this up, maybe someday I won't have to do any cooking at all!  A girl can dream, huh?




4 comments:

Debbi said...

Way to go! That is great he is such a good cook - I think you should post the recipe, because I can never get lasagna to turn out! :)

skeeterbug said...

So proud of N!!! Glad my not liking to cook did NOT get passed on to your kiddos!!!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

I'm training my girls to cook for numerous reasons, not the least of which is so they can take over & I will never have to plan or cook another meal! Bwahahah!!! ;)

Wendy said...

Wow! I'm thoroughly impressed. Someday his wife will thank you!

My kids enjoy cooking with me, but only my daughter has attempted meals by herself, with some oversight.

My husband is NOT a good example in that area. ;) His idea of cooking is to put chicken nuggets in the oven.

Must get my sons trained!!!