I went to Walmart Friday night, and they had all the Christmas 75% off. I was able to resist, but when I came home, all I could think about was the 6.5 trees that were so cheap. Cheaper than what I paid for their little 3 ft trees we have been putting in their room every year. I was pretty much a Christmas scrooge this year, and I think it rubbed off on them b/c even though we put our trees up early November, they hardly ever plugged their trees in. Not like it usually is this year. I feel bad for not being more excited this year. It was several events rolled into one that made me that way, but my New Years Resolution is to be more fun, more relaxed, and to enjoy life much more.
I was packing up the kids' trees today, and I kept thinking about those trees on sale. How much cuter they would be in their room, and then I wouldn't have to find something to set the tree on. Well then our vacuum cleaner went patooey...and well I had to replace that immediately, and I had a reason to treck to Walmart. (with 5 kids and 2 buggies in tow I might add).
I had planned on just putting these right in the attic to wait until next year, but I was a bit curious what they looked like. The kids begged to put them up, and when I couldn't think of any reason to say "no" except that you just don't put X-mas trees up in January, I just decided to say "Yes". So, here you have it. They want to make them "seasonal" trees...but I am worried that could get expensive, so I am going to insist that they make the decorations for their trees, unless it is an occasional dollar tree treat. I found one box of ornaments for cheap, and that is why they have just a few balls and nothing else on their tree for now. We will see. I told them their rooms had to stay presentable, or the trees are coming down...so that could mean they won't last long...haha!
I am trying to encourage N to make his a Lego Tree...b/c I think it would be so cute in his room. He put a few on there...I am excited to see if he will create more things for it.
2 comments:
I would have never thought of it, but the kids looked so delighted with them!
Love your new trees! They are very pretty! Sounds like a fun idea to keep them up all year!
Post a Comment