The girls have really been wanting to sew with my sewing machine. I really wanted to teach them, except I don't get along with my machine :) When I brought them back home for school, they all made a list of the things they wanted to learn, and sewing was one of them.
My plan had been for them to both make a bag....what I sewed in home ec in junior high. I thought that would be easy and fun.
L loves pillows and insisted that she must make herself one....so that is what she did.
They both did great!! A little crazy with the foot pedal at times :) They were very natural with it, and loved it. They are already talking about when they can sew again.
R's new bag that she keeps all her doll clothes in....
and L's new fluffy pillow that she really sleeps on! Her daddy and brother have already requested that she make one for them....and she is ready to get right no that project, asap!
And, tonight, surprisingly, I discovered a new job for Z! This is the boy that used to run crying from the vacuum just 6 months ago. I had gotten it out to vacuum, and he just went right over, took the cord in hand, and turned it on. He spend a lot of time going down the hall....It is good heavy work for him...he seemed very relaxed after he got done. I think I like this new job! Doesn't he just look like a natural??
4 comments:
The pillow and bag look great! Your girls did soooo good! Having a cute kiddo that likes to vaccuum...pretty sweet!
I'm so proud of you and all of your industrious kiddos!!! Love, love, love the sewing projects, and Z is doing a great job w/the vacuum cleaner! He looks very professional. Hope you got a pic of N mopping the kitchen to go along w/these...:)
Look at him go! WOW!! Girl my floors would be spotless if any of my kids liked to push a broom like he likes to push a vaccuum! lol
I am again, so jealous of your mad mommy skills. I can't sew so much as a button.. and you've got your KIDS making pillows and bags?! Gee whiz!
LOVE the pillow!!!!!!! Gosh that fabric is the best!
I'm glad to see they are learning to sew. They are about the right age to learn to piece, either by hand or on machine. Most of the quilters I interviewed learned about that age. Mother learned to make doll clothes when she was about that age. Teach them how to sew strips together to make a pillow top. They can pick their colors, etc. Do you need scraps?
Post a Comment