Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lasagna Recipe...so Easy!

I had a couple of people ask me for the recipe for N's lasagna, so I thought I would share.  It is SO easy, and also freezable too.  You can even make it up the night before for a quick meal the next day.  I got this recipe when I was in a cooking club a few years ago.  I had never made lasagna before that b/c I thought it was too hard to make, and too expensive.  This one was so easy though I have added it to our regular meals.  Recently, I was out of my  normal ingredients, so I had to improvise with what I had, and Big C said it was the best ever, and I had better write down what I did ;)

1 box lasagna noodles
1 tub of cottage cheese (you will love my sizes, but not the small size, and not the largest size...the one that costs about $3 :)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
 (the recipe called for a can of tomato sauce, but that is what I was out of, so I used a can of Hunt's traditional spaghetti sauce, and that is what my hubby likes)
oregano or Italian Seasoning
1 lb of ground beef
(I started using some cajun seasoned deer meat sausage my dad gets from the processor, and we love that!  Even though it says cajun, it has more of an italian flavor)
mozzarella cheese

Now, you will just layer the stuff twice in this order....half Spaghetti sauce, half the meat, sprinkle seasoning, layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, half the cottage cheese....(sometimes I sprinkle some parmasean cheese too) then repeat those layers again.  Finally on top, add some grated mozarella cheese.  Cover with foil and bake @350 degrees for 45 min-1 hr.   **This recipe works best if you have time to prepare this meal ahead of time and refrigerate...that gives time for the juices to soak into the noodles, helping it cook faster, and then noodles on top to be softer** but I usually don't think that far in advance!  haha




3 comments:

Mandy said...

YUM!

I've also never tried to tackle homemade lasagna... it always sounds sooooo complicated!! This really looks easy - I think I'll teach Madison to make it and then I can have a night off soon... ;)

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Sounds yummy! I will have to try it! Thanks for posting :o)

Debbi said...

Thanks for sharing it! I can't wait to try it, it sounds simple!!