When I blog about this day, don't think that everyday goes as smoothly or as perfectly. This was a good day. It began well, and ended well. I think a huge affecting factor in that is the fact that everyone in the house slept well. Sleep is the basis of our life these days it seems. Anyway, this is MY "perfect" school day.
I have a box for Z and C that I keep with our school stuff. It has a combination of learning and sensory activities that I can rotate while I am teaching the big kids. I can put both boys at the table, and keep them contained and entertained for a while this way.
N checked this book out at the library. We looked through it together the other night, and it has some great recipes, and some great cooking tips for kids too. (and adults that are cooking challenged like me!)
While I was working with N, I looked up and noticed that L had taken initiative to work with the babies. What a blessing! She entertained them so I could give attention to my chef. About the time she was tired, I was able to take over. She has been taking a lot of initiative to do extra things lately, and I am so proud of her. She has always been my child that I had to really push to get her to do anything, so noticing when she does things without being told is such a treat!
He really is becoming a great cook. He made this omlet as if he'd been making omlets forever. Great job!
After a little schoolwork, I pulled out shaving cream for a sensory activity. Little C wasn't sure what to think at first, but by the end, he was smearing it all over himself just like everyone else.
This is apparently an entertaining activity for all ages!!
I loved L's heart person!
Another thing we did, was sort out all our schoolwork. R cleaned out her folder with her ps work. She had a great time wadding up and throwing away her papers. I may have sounded arrogant, or bashing of her teacher in my previous post. I didn't mean to come across that way...she just wasn't a good fit for my daughter, and it really showed. She had a really tough time, so I think it was theraputic for her to throw all that away. She talked about how her teacher made her feel while she was doing it.
Then she set to work making a new cover for inside her folder. This was her design of the farm she wants. Her and her daddy dream of a farm with lots of different animals. Oh, I hope we can have that some day.
My left handed boy doing his schoolwork, while he is eating his tasty eggs. Multi tasking! haha
1 comment:
Looks like a wonderful school day! Hope the rest of the week is just as perfect. I am so proud of your precious students and their super=duper teacher!!! GREAT JOB!!! :D
Post a Comment